Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hey there and Happy Father's Day!

Well folks,
    It has been a few days, and while they were filled with much excitement, they kept me from sitting and writing to you. Most of these things include "end of the year" fun at school such as a day at camp!
And by "fun" I mean slow torture by ten year old girls...
                                                                  
JUST KIDDING. It was in fact a fun time, regardless of how entertaining it is to torture your teacher. 

     What I'm really here to tell you about is a wonderful activity that almost anyone would enjoy. Do yourself a favor and look up Painting With A Twist. It is the perfect place for everyone from the "artist at heart" to the "artist who will sit down and do the whole thing differently because that's how THEY see it." 
      I had gone to a similar studio while visiting the In-Laws in Kentucky and fell in love. Since then, I'd promised a dear friend I would take her. She picked a perfect painting for both of us and off we went last night! An experienced instructor walks you through each step of the painting and you walk away with your own masterpiece. 
     I took pictures of the progression of my very own painting to share with you. It was a relaxing experience that lets you watch and take part in the progression of a painting. 
You can see the majority of the steps in the process here. I will say that I was greatly tempted to try the whole painting in black and white and shades of grey. However, I lost my guts right before starting...There's always next time! Without further ado, here is my finished product- just waiting to be hung in the perfect place. 

I'm definitely looking forward to the next opportunity to hop out there and try another painting. In the meantime, I am going to end this post and go make brownies with mini-rolos hidden inside of them! (Because who doesn't love a surprise inside of what would otherwise be your typical brownies?!?!) 

I leave off with a "shout out" to my two wonderful fathers. Thanks to them I am artistic and musical, energetic and dramatic, and just in general, a well rounded woman. Thank you to both of you! 

<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment