Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Food, food, and more food!

     Alright people! I promised lots of food, and here it is! This weekend was a delicious few days of yumminess. It began last night with Broccoli Quinoa Bites. This is a recipe I've altered from one found on Pinterest.


You will need the following ingredients: 
      (yields ~15 bites)
                    2 heads broccoli (cut into florets) 
                    1 cup quinoa
                    2 cups chicken broth 
                           (I made mine with buillon cubes) 
                    2 eggs
                    1/4 cup Ranch Dressing
                    About 1 tsp. salt and pepper to taste
                    shredded cheese (optional) 

     Cook the quinoa in the chicken broth according to the directions on the box and set to the side to cool. While it is cooling, scramble the two eggs in a large bowl and add the Ranch dressing and salt and pepper. When that is mixed add in the cooled quinoa and broccoli florets. Now, in order to keep the hubby's cholesterol happy I split my batch from here on out. If that is not a concern of yours, keep on chugging and add in the shredded cheese. I use about 1/2 a cup of shredded cheddar for my half of the batch. You can adjust if you'll be adding to the entire batch. From here, all you do is spoon it into a greased muffin tin and bake for about 30 minutes at 350 until the tops are golden brown. They are the perfect balanced addition to a meal (or snack if you want to grab one and go!). I love the crispy edges and texture of the quinoa with the broccoli. It's fantastic. 


     Now, that brings us to the next part of the meal. The hubby recently tossed out the idea of Turkey Burgers and sent me into a Pinterest frenzy. After looking at several (ok A LOT) of recipes I came up with a rather simple one of my own. Based on a few people's sites I went with 93% lean ground turkey.   It is a decent mix of dark and light meat but still healthy for you. 
      Here are your ingredients: 
              2 lbs. ground turkey
              1 dry Ranch Mix packet
              2 tsp. onion powder
              1 minced garlic clove
              2 tbsp. olive oil 
      
      Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl. I separated my meat into 8 larger patties, however in hind sight I may have made more patties that were smaller. From here I packaged them individually in wax paper and stuck them in the freezer. For the most part this was for the patties that we were NOT using today. However, it also allowed the ones we used today to keep their shape a bit better on the grill. 
      From here, the burgers went on the grill with some fresh corn. The burgers were topped off with a mozzarella/cheddar mix cheese. The corn was pretty simple. It takes a bit longer on the grill, but I cut off the ends ahead of time to make it easier for the husks to come off after they were done. Ok, and by that I mean, so it was easier for the hubby to take the husks off when it was done...The whole thing was finished off on a whole wheat bun with a Quinoa Bite on the side! Now, let me tell you, both the hubby and I are VERY happy to have more burgers in the freezer and Bites in the fridge. It was a DELICIOUS dinner! 

        I leave you with a picture of my newest favorite thing that's been selling fast! These are the most adorable little ring holders. I keep my own on the counter next to the sink for when I'm cooking and doing dishes. My favorite thing about them is that they make your ring look like a little work of art. Because, let's face it, that thing deserves to be hung in a frame in a gallery! Even better, if you are in the area and would like your very own personalized frame, I'm selling them for $10 each! Hop on the band wagon and get yourself one! 

Alright everyone, I think that's enough for one night!!! Have a wonderful Monday and I'll see you on here real soon. 

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment